1. By entering the “Christmas Galactica” competition (“Competition”) you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. The Competition is only open to residents of the UK and the United States (excluding those resident in Rhode Island) aged 16 years of age or over. These terms and conditions are for UK residents. The Competition is not open to employees of the Arcadia Group and Bhs Limited, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with the Competition. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain consent from your parent/guardian to enter the Competition. By entering into the Competition you confirm that you have this consent. Entrants will need to be a registered user on either Twitter or Instagram or register with either Twitter or Instagram in order to enter the Competition.
3. Topshop will run the Competition across Twitter and Instagram from 05:00:01 (GMT) on Wednesday 5 December 2012 to 04:59:59 (GMT) on Tuesday 18 December 2012 inclusive.
4. To enter the Competition you must either (i) tweet @Topshop a picture of your galactic inspired makeover look using the hashtag #gogalactic; or (ii) upload a picture of your galactic inspired makeover look on Instagram using account @Topshop and hashtag #gogalactic.
5. Topshop does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted. Any entries made by a person found to be using multiple Twitter or Instagram accounts to enter the Competition will be ineligible.
6. There are four prizes to be won (each a "Prize", together the "Prizes"), consisting of one first prize ("First Prize" for the "Winner") and three runner-up prizes ("Runner-Up Prizes" for the three "Runners-Up").
7. The Winner and the three Runners-Up will be chosen from all UK and US entries on Tuesday 18 December. The Winner will be the entry that, in the sole opinion of Topshop, has provided the best galactic inspired makeover look. The three Runners-Up will be the next three best entries. Topshop’s decision will be final and binding in all respects on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. The First Prize and Runner-Up Prizes consist of the following:
• The Winner will receive a £1,000 Topshop gift card to be spent either online or in store (or a $1,000 Topshop gift card if the Winner is resident in the United States). Gift card terms and conditions apply.
• Each Runner-Up will receive a £100 Topshop gift card to be spent either online or in store (or a $100 Topshop gift card if the Runner-Up is resident in the United States). Gift card terms and conditions apply.
9. The Winner and Runners-Up will be notified that they have won and how to claim their Prize by direct message on Twitter or by public message on Instagram.
10. The Winner and Runners-Up must claim their Prizes by responding in the correct manner, as specified in the direct Twitter message or public message on Instagram, within 7 days of receiving that message from Topshop.
11. All entries must be your own work and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other similar competition. It is your responsibility to ensure that any entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or any laws. You warrant that the entry is your own work and that you own the intellectual property rights in it.
12. The Prizes are non transferable, non refundable and non negotiable. There is no cash alternative. Topshop reserves the right to substitute the Prizes for others of its choosing which have a value the same or greater than the original prizes in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
14. By entering the Competition, you agree to participate in such promotional activity and material as Topshop may require and agree to Topshop using their details to announce the Winner and the Runners-Up on Twitter and Instagram.
15. Winners’ details will be available for 1 month after the draw by sending a SAE to Lucy Caws, Topshop at the address below.
16. Topshop reserves the right to (i) cancel this Competition, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these terms and conditions (and will use reasonable endeavors to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants). These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. Promoter: Top Shop / Top Man trading as Topshop registered no 2317752. Registered office: Colegrave House, 70 Berners Street, London W1T 3NL.