UK COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FOR US TERMS AND CONDITIONS PLEASE CLICK HERE
1. By entering the competition (the “Competition”) you agree to these terms and conditions.
2. The Competition is open to residents of the UK, Ireland and the US (excluding Rhode Island) aged 16 or over except for employees of the Arcadia Group and BHS Limited, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with this Competition. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain consent from your parent/guardian to enter the Competition. By entering into the Competition you confirm that you have this consent.
3. Each entrant must be a registered user on Twitter or Instagram or register with Twitter or Instagram in order to enter the Competition.
4. To enter you must upload a photograph of your chosen pet onto your personal Twitter or Instagram account @Topshop and using the hashtag #TopPets. Competition opens at Tuesday 14th January 2014 at 09:00:01 GMT and closes at Sunday 24th January 2014 at 23:59:59 GMT (the “Closing Date”). Entries must not be sent in through agents or third parties. Late, incomplete, illegible or defaced entries will not be accepted.
5. Only one entry per person. Any person found to be sending multiple entries will be ineligible. Any entries by a person found to be using multiple Twitter or Instagram accounts to enter the Competition will be ineligible. Topshop does not accept responsibility for network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry.
6. You must not post violent, nude, partially nude, discriminatory, unlawful, infringing, hateful, pornographic, sexually suggestive or other inappropriate (at Topshop's sole discretion) pictures. Topshop may, but has no obligation to, remove pictures that Topshop determines in its sole discretion violates these Terms and Conditions.
7. You will retain the rights of ownership in your photograph (“Entry”). However, in consideration of Topshop providing the Competition, you will grant Topshop a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, exclusive licence to use your Entry on socks that may be sold wordwide, and in any of Topshop’s publications, websites, promotional and any other materials, for 50 years from the closing date of the Competition. You will not receive any royalty payment or other compensation in relation to your Entry. To the maximum extent permitted by law, you hereby agree to waive all, and agree not to assert any, of your moral rights (or similar rights) wherever in the world arising which relate to your Entry. All material submitted becomes the sole property of Topshop and will not be returned.
8. All Entries must be your own work (i.e. you must have taken the photograph yourself) and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other similar competition. It is your responsibility to ensure that any Entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or any laws. You warrant that the Entry is your own work and that you own the intellectual property rights in it.
10. The winning entry of the Competition will be that entry which, in the sole opinion of Topshop, is the best entry. The winner will be notified by private message on the relevant social channel by no later than Friday 31st January 2014. Topshop’s decision shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. There shall be 1 UK winner.
11. There is one UK prize (the “Prize”). The Prize shall consist of the following:
• Your Entry appearing on a pair of socks to be sold worldwide;
• 2 x pairs of the winning socks; and
• 1 x £200 (€200 for Ireland) Topshop gift card. Gift card terms and conditions apply.
12. The winner will be required to provide their email address in order to receive their prize. If the Prize is not claimed within 7 days of the winner being notified, Topshop reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternative winner.
13. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. There is no cash alternative. Topshop reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any part thereof) for one of its choosing which has a value the same or greater than the original prize in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
14. By entering the Competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Topshop may require.
15. Winner’s details will be available for 28 days after the Closing Date by sending a SAE to Top Pets at the address below.
16. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter or Instagram.
17. Topshop reserves the right to (i) cancel this Competition, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these terms and conditions (and will use reasonable endeavors to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants). These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of a dispute.
18. Promoter: Top Shop/Top Man Limited trading as Topshop registered no. 2317752. Registered office: Colegrave House, 70 Berners Street, London W1T 3NL.